- We believe that real estate assets are an important part of a diversified portfolio and can provide an attractive combination capital appreciation and current income.
- We view real estate securities as offering investors a cost-effective, liquid way to participate in the asset class.
- Aim to add value primarily through positive stock selection within each property type subsector.
- Our long-term perspective values companies with multi-year catalysts and produces low portfolio turnover.
- Disciplined “relative value” approach combines the benefits of both quantitative and fundamental research.
- Quantitative analysis: compare REITs to their property subsector peers on the basis of valuation, cash flow growth, and financial leverage.
- Qualitative analysis: identify those REITs which offer the most attractive relative value and possess a catalyst to drive earnings and valuation.
|Type||QTR||YTD||1 Year||3 Years||5 Years||10 Years||Since Inception*|
|Stratton Real Estate (Gross)||11.92||19.63||32.48||13.46||9.17||11.34||11.06|
|Stratton Real Estate (Net)||11.81||19.35||31.80||12.83||8.56||10.69||10.39|
|FTSE/NAREIT All Equity REIT||12.03||21.35||32.80||11.97||8.10||10.17||10.64|
*Performance inception date is 12.31.2001. Index is FTSE/NAREIT All Equity REIT. Performance is preliminary and is annualized for periods longer than one year. Net of fees performance returns are presented net of the investment management fees and trading expenses. “Pure” Gross of fees performance returns do not reflect the deduction of any fees including trading costs; a client’s return will be reduced by the management fees and other expenses it may incur. Investment management fees are described in Sterling’s Form ADV 2A. Performance reflects the reinvestment of interest income and dividends and realized capital gains. The performance presented represents past performance and is no guarantee of future results. Performance is compared to an index, however, the volatility of an index varies greatly and investments cannot be made directly in an index. Market conditions vary from year to year and can result in a decline in market value due to material market or economic conditions. The Performance and Portfolio Characteristics is considered Supplemental Information to the Composite Disclosure Presentation which is attached. Source: FTSE, FactSet, Sterling Capital Management Analytics.