Who We Are
- Founded in 1970 and proudly headquartered in Charlotte, NC, Sterling Capital Management LLC is a group of 132 seasoned investment and client service professionals who manage $58 Billion (as of 12.31.2019).
- Our headquarters are in Charlotte, NC, with offices in Raleigh, NC; Washington, DC; Richmond, VA; Virginia Beach, VA; Philadelphia, PA and San Francisco, CA.
- We are an independently operated subsidiary of BB&T Corporation now Truist Financial Corporation—one of the largest and most respected financial services institutions in the country—offering us shared resources, financial stability and support.
- The firm has grown and become full service, offering investment solutions in a variety of formats, including mutual fund, SMA and UMA model delivery.
- We provide investment management services to a diverse group of clients ranging from retail to corporations and foundations.
- Investment Teams share common resources; each with its own research team, process and philosophy.
- Above all else, Sterling aims to provide long-term consistent investment performance and exceptional client service. What matters most to you matters most to us.
What We Offer
- Distinct investment teams with a common goal to generate strong risk-adjusted returns.
- National sales support you need to assist in getting the best solutions for your clients.
- Access to our investment teams with locations across the United States.
Stratton Relative Value
As a firm, Sterling is dedicated to providing outstanding investment performance and exceptional client service. We achieve this by maintaining a consistent risk management process and a service-focused business model.
As an objectives-based investment manager, we strive to provide attractive risk-adjusted returns to the assets you place in our trust. To achieve this, our primary goal is defining and managing acceptable risk. We believe success in today’s often unpredictable markets requires equal parts experience, consistency, agility, and the ability to evaluate all the risks and opportunities inherent in a given investment. We subscribe to the adage of “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.” Over the years, we’ve found that our approach helps us deliver consistent risk-adjusted performance over time.
The Sterling Crest
The Sterling Crest was created as a symbol of who we are, where we came from and what we are striving to achieve. The “S” signifies Sterling Capital Management, our firm name. We paid homage to our beautiful state of North Carolina by including the cardinal state bird, dogwood state flower and towering bars to represent the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains. Finishing off the crest is the Latin phrase, “Pulsus Ut Libera,” which translates to “Driven to Deliver.”